Skip to main content

Update on our Kickstarter 10 Battle Mat Escape Rooms

Jo, our Logistics Manager, talks about how the latest DR Games and Dark Realm Roleplay Kickstarter is coming along. Digital rewards have been sent and the physical product is on the way. Jo explains.

10 Battle Mat Escape Rooms

So, the Kickstarter has finished, and it has been a great success, surpassing our expectations. Now the fun part begins, having it printed, but who would have thought that could prove such a challenge. We had gone to our regular printers for the initial quote, but now we wanted to check board thickness, to laminate or not to laminate, whether it was worth it to collate and cellophane wrap, what box size would we need. All the details that I love sorting out, and these were all agreed pretty quickly. The maps were coming along nicely, and we would soon be ready to have a test copy printed. So far so good, but our regular printer did not do punch boards for the tokens from the stretch goals. So, time to find another printer. This proved much more of a challenge as we wanted them printed in the UK. The thickness and the shape of the tokens had to be agreed, and the initial quotes we received were far higher than we had expected or budgeted for, no good.

Finally, we went back to a printing firm that we had almost used for a previous project and thankfully they were willing to produce just the punch board tokens and at the price we had budgeted for. Big sigh of relief. And that is where we are at, now. The test pack for the battle maps have been ordered and should be with us in the next couple of days. Once we are happy with the quality of these the full order will be printed, which should take another 10 day. The punch-board tokens have been ordered and have a lead time of 7 to 10 days, which means fingers crossed and all being well, we should be ready to ship out to our wonderful supporters within 2/3 weeks, and then you just have to wait for your parcel to arrive in the post.

All of our previous successful Kickstarters have been digital, so this has been the first one where we have produced a physical product. The new aspects and challenges that this has brough to my role within the company have been great, and I am looking forward to the next one we plan to produce. So, watch this space.

Jo

 

Comments

  1. I generally want quality content and this thing I found in your article. It is beneficial and significant for us. Keep sharing these kinds of articles, Thank you. Escape Room Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Presenting Dark Force Incursion - A FREE Roll and Write One Player Game

It has been on my mind for a while now as the Corona-virus spreads across the world . What can I offer those who are at home and unable to partake in their usual gaming sessions because of isolation. How can a creative mind help alleviate the stress of boredom and worry? I have seen other roll and write games and thought that might be a great way of giving something to the community to these very ends.    Looking at what I have previously worked on under the DR Games and the hex tile has been a feature. I decide that I would try and use this format, combine it with a number mechanism and inject it with a narrative. This became a scenario that fuel the fire of the story...and Dark Force Incursion was born.   " Y o u r l a n d h a s b e e n i n v a d e d b y a p o w e r f u l D a r k F o r c e . T h e s p e e d o f t h e i n v a s i o n w a s f r i g h t e n i n g , a n d t h e y h a v e t a k e n a l l t h e d e f e n s i v e f o r t s i n

Dark Force Incursion Expansions Launched to Quick Success

DFI came about through an unusual set of circumstances at a strange time, that I discuss in a previous post. But it was solid and reliable with a core set of rules and maps and could be download for free from my website. Yet, as if out of control, the game began to take on a life of its own in my mind. I imagined new land features, hex tiles, expansion rules and maps. I think that, for me, any creation is never truly complete, they just keep on growing, expanding, and ultimately opening new gaming choices.   Pretty quickly I set about writing the rules and drawing the land features for the new maps and expansions. It presented as a series of updates with new landscapes that would be interesting to experience in their own hex maps. This presented as four distinct expansions that would work nicely as pledge levels…yes, I began to think Kickstarter. I had established a presence on Board Game Geek and the free core rules were out there for people to play and they had. I was c

More Time for Board Games?

How we manage our leisure time has definitely changed over the years. This I guess isn’t new news, so to speak. We are all aware of the Netflix phenomenon and boxsets and series binging. In fact, it feels like if you can’t have the whole series now, all at once, it causes a frustrated condition that I’m sure they’ll name at some point as a medical condition. I recently started watching Picard on Amazon and actually quite like only having one episode to look forward to a week. But at the same time it is nice to have all the episodes available especially for the Expanse! And even if we have only one episode to watch a week we can watch it when we want. But there is so much choice how can you run out! I hear people saying yet I think another effect of having everything at your fingertips is we become fussier. I have little patience for a series that doesn’t grip me straight away, which I’m not sure how I feel about. This is another reason why we run out of things to watch, creating